Saturday, November 19, 2011

River Why

THE RIVER WHY
Movie, 2010



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1241329/

Excerpts:


Gus: You believe that stuff?

Titus: I'am not sane, Gus.
I believe in the rivers of living water.
I believe our should swim in that water.
I believe that Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Mohammad are the savor in that water.

Gus: Wish I believed that.

Titus: And why don't you?

Gus: Bait or fly.
Fried or scrambled.
Jesus or Mohammad.
I mean, does it really make any difference?
Does it really matter?
Where are all these sages and buddhas holing up...
now when we really need 'em?

Titus: Well, would you know one if you met one?

Come on, Titus.
Even Izaak Walton talks about the goodness..
of the God of nature.
I've never seen Him, and I've fished in ten states.
Whoever, whatever, wherever He is or isn't..
if He really wants me to notice Him
maybe He should stop being so scarce.

All right. Why can't a duffer like me catch a fish?
Isn't the answer obvious?
Isn't it because at my present level of skill
the fish would have to be so damn dumb
and utterly unelusive as to be not worth catching?
And how much more elusive...
should a thing as wondrous as a soul be?
Fisherman should be the easiest of men to convince...
to search for their souls,
because fishing is nothing but...
the pursuit of the elusive.
How can you be so patient in searching for fish...
and so hasty to write off your soul...
because you can't see it.



You can't keep a person
in a place he doesn't want to be.
-- No, but can't you at least make it a place
-- that they might wanna visit?

Run Like I'm a River...
________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...