Friday, August 5, 2011

Jane Eyre (2011)

Jane Eyre



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229822/

"... Am I a machine without feelings?
Do you think that because I am poor, obscure, plain and little
that I am soulless and heartless?
I have as much soul as you and full as much heart.
And if God had blessed me with beauty and wealth.
I could make it as hard for you to leave me
as it is for I to leave you.
I'm not speaking to you trough mortal flesh.
It is my spirit that addresses your spirit.
As if we'd passed through the grave and stood at God's feet, Equal.
As we are.
-- As we are
I am a free human being with an independent will.
which i now exert to leave you.
-- Then let your will decide your destiny.
-- I offer you my hand, my heart.
-- Jane.
-- I ask you to pass through life at my side.
-- You are my equal and my likeness.
-- Will you merry me?
Are you mocking me?
-- Do you doubt me?
Entirely!
Your bride is Miss Ingram.
-- Miss Ingram. She is the machine without feelings.
-- It's you. You rare, unearthly thing.
-- Poor and obscure as you are.
-- Please accept me as your husband.
-- I must have you for my own.
You wish me to be your wife?
-- I swear it.
You love me?
-- I do.
Then, sir, I will marry you."
__________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...