Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dances with Wolves (1990)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099348/





"I'm John Dunbar.
- Dumb Bear."




"It was hard to know how to feel.
I'd never been in a battle like this one.
There was no dark political objective.
This was not a fight for territory or riches or to make men free.
It was fought to preserve the food stores that would see us through the winter.
To protect the lives of women and children and loves ones only a few feet away.
Stone Calf was a great loss, but even the old men could not remember...
such a one-sided victory.
And I gradually began to look at it in a new way.
I felt a pride I'd never felt before.
I'd never really known who John Dunbar was.
Perhaps the name itself had no meaning.
But as I heard my Sioux name being called over and over...
...I knew for the first time who I really was. (Dances with Wolves)
"
______

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...